Lost post updates

• Hi, I have just come back from a 2-week holiday, and I was adding to a blog post every day from the 6th to 20th of October. I was saving it, and it was also auto-saving as it does.

However, I have just opened up the draft to read and check it, but noticed that everything from the 11th is missing. I have looked in revisions, and it suggests that the last version was the 11th October, but I know this is not the case.

Is there any way of getting back all that I typed?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there! 👋🏼

Can you please share the post title or URL if you remember it?

We’d love to find more details on it.

• Hi, thanks for the reply. It’s currently a draft post and at https://wordpress.com/post/stevebott.blog/5669

I have now tried on 3 different Windows devices, used Chrome and Edge, and all show the same. The last revision shows as the 11th of October, when there were multiple updates after that date before I returned home from holiday on the 20th of October.

Ignore the ‘X’ characters on the title and start of the post, I had just added those to test the autosave was currently working.

• Hi @botty1963, I’m so sorry! I see what you see: nothing between the 11th and four days ago. Sometimes we’re able to find another post or page that has the missing content, but I don’t see that here.

Can you share what kind of device you were using to make updates, such as a phone or tablet with an app vs a browser and a laptop?

I was adding to a blog post every day from the 6th to 20th of October. I was saving it, and it was also auto-saving as it does.

I’ve investigated a few cases recently of lost revisions where the autosave actually wasn’t actually finishing, and the save button was greyed out due to a lost connection. Is there any chance that was happening here?

• The topic ‘Lost post updates’ is closed to new replies.