LMS plus newspaper with listing plugin

• Hi,

I have an LMS site for online and on-site courses, and I’d like to include a learner-run blog/news site that includes local listings (kind of like a student newspaper).

I’m thinking about deploying Multisite (one for the LMS / academy site, and another for the newspaper / listing site.)

If I deploy Multisite, is there a way for me to connect the sites somehow, or do I simply include live links on both sites, one to the other?

Thanks!

• Hi there,

We can’t help directly because we don’t host your site on our WordPress.com managed hosting. As a result we don’t have the ability to take a closer look at your site.

Instead your host uses the open-source variant of the WordPress platform which functions differently than what we offer here on WordPress.com. Specifically we don’t allow multisite on WordPress.com so you would need to use the open-source version of the WordPress software in order to set that up

The good news though is that help is available here at the open-source WordPress forums, where they are more familiar with multisite: https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/

If I deploy Multisite, is there a way for me to connect the sites somehow, or do I simply include live links on both sites, one to the other?

Although we’re not directly familiar with multisite, you would be surprised to find that WordPress.com itself is a single (but very very large) multisite instance. With that in mind I can clarify that sites here on our service are completely separate from one another, and so your sites would be as well if you were to set up your own multisite instance. So the way to “connect” them is as you suspect, to include links on both sites pointing back to each other.

Hope this helps!

• The topic ‘LMS plus newspaper with listing plugin’ is closed to new replies.