Live preview of themes loading

• I’ve been trying to see live previews of my blog using different themes, but most of them won’t load. I get a message saying, ‘Live Preview – loading.’ It’s the themes that say, ‘Hurray! Your theme supports site editing with blocks’ where the problem lies.

How long should it take for the preview to load?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Could you let us know what operating system and browser (and versions of each) you’re using? Can you also check a browser you don’t normally use and see if you have the same problem? Once we have that information, we’ll be better able to advise.

Thanks!

• Hi, I’m using an iMac running macOS Ventura version 13.2.1

I use Chrome Version 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (arm64)

I also tried Safari Version 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6) and had the same problem.

• Thanks. I am not finding any other reports about this problem (yet). Do you have any browser extensions enabled? If so, please try turning them off temporarily to see if that makes a difference. They can sometimes run interference.

I also want to clarify if this happens when you click on the pink box, activate this design or is it when using open live demo?

• Hi, I turned off all browser extensions, logged out and logged back into WordPress, but the problem is still happening.

It’s happening when clicking on the Preview button of the theme.

Also, it’s only happening on FSE themes (Upsidedown, Lettre, etc). When clicking on the preview button of the Classic themes, such as Hemingway and Button 2, I get a full preview of what my blog will look like if I select the theme.

• Hey there,

Ok, I think we need to replicate what you’re seeing a bit more closely.

I’ve been trying to see live previews of my blog using different themes

To check, are you going to Appearance > Themes > selecting a theme and clicking Preview?

Many thanks.

• Hi, yes, that’s what I’m doing.

• Thank you for that information. I see you have a static page set in the Customizer within the Homepage Settings area. If you instead choose the option to show your latest posts, save that change, and then try to preview the FSE themes –– does the preview feature then work?

• You’re welcome.

I tried your suggestion, but I’m afraid the FSE themes are still not loading in preview.

• Hi,

Thank you for all the information you provided. I was able to replicate it on my end and found that there’s a bug when previewing FSE themes. I’ve reported it to our dev team, and we’ll let you know once it’s been fixed.

• The topic ‘Live preview of themes loading’ is closed to new replies.