Lists of posts instead of number of posts?

• Hello. Is there a way to list the actually posts under each category instead of the number of posts in each category? So, for example, if I’m looking for gardening posts under a blogger’s gardening category, would it be possible to see a list of the names of the posts rather than paging through all the posts in that category? hopefully all that made sense.

thanks in advance for any help!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• ah poo, didn’t proofread!! the first sentence should say “is there a way to list the ACTUAL posts…..” instead of “actually”. must be too early in the morning ;)

• so maybe this is not possible to do? I’m bumping in case someone out there will know the answer.

thanks!

• is there anyone out there that can tell me if this is possible? I would like to know even if it’s not possible. what I am trying to avoid is having to page through categories looking for something in particular, follow me? It would be easier to see a list of posts under a category rather than see the number of posts in that category. Is there a way to do this?

• Hi – Can you please let me know if you got an answer ? I’m even looking for something like that.

• When you choose the category, it shows the number of posts, and also displays those posts. Not as a list, the actual posts are displayed.

So, oracleappsstore, when I go to your blog and click on “Payments” those 4 posts are displayed.

• Yes, I need something like this – When I click on the Categories “Payments” – I need to get the list of headings posted under Payments – something like a Sub-category, instead of getting all those 4 posts.

Is there any way ? Many thanks, for responding.

• Folks please take note of this:
    Please be aware that you cannot edit the Categories pages which are automatically henerated by the software. Whether or not full posts are displayed on Categories Pages and Archives pages is theme dependent ie. coded into the template and we cannot edit templates or themes. In the majority of themes, posts on category or other archive pages show up just as they do on the main posts page in the blog. But in some themes only the beginnings of posts are shown, and in a few themes you only get titles or thumbnails.

• thanks timethief. you’ve confirmed what I suspected……..that I cannot list the posts in each category due to the theme I have chosen. You also answered another of my questions, having to do with how much of a post appears. I like the look of only the first part of a post showing on my home page so it looks like I would need to change themes to have that. thanks!!

• See here for a theme list of themes that may display the way you want on the Categories pages and note the list under “Titles”. Category/archive pages: full posts or not

I like the look of only the first part of a post showing on my home page so it looks like I would need to change themes to have that.

We can use “the more tag” to spilt content and display only the beginning of posts followed by read more links on the front page of the blog. It’s not theme dependent.

• The topic ‘Lists of posts instead of number of posts?’ is closed to new replies.