Lists in Apostrophe theme (reporting formatting issue)

• Hi, wondering if you want to look at fixing this tiny formatting issue in the Apostrophe theme.

The list indentation doesn’t look right for the lines which carry over to two lines or more. Take a look at this post for an example. The lines should align on their own, and not under the bullet.

In the mean time, does anyone know if I can fix this through inline CSS? Thanks in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi ismailimail,

You could try something like this — hopefully it works and looks the way you want.

li.listing-item {
        list-style-position: inside;
        text-indent: -1em;
        padding-left: 1em;
    }
  • Hi, I meant, inline CSS which I can use within the blog post. I do not have CSS upgrade.

I am hoping WP would fix the theme though, for everyone.

• Try this out:

<li class="listing-item" style="list-style-position: inside; text-indent: -1em; padding-left: 1em; "></li>

• That did it.

However, sorry for this goof up. I just realized that my list is an auto-generated display-post short code list. So I will keep above handy for the future when I need to create the list manually, but the solution here is something only WP engineers can solve.

• No worries!

Quick thought: You may not get the fix for this tiny formatting issue, as it may not be an issue for other folks. It is solvable with Custom CSS and unfortunately, that is probably where the solution will have to reside.

• Yes agree, but in the past (distant past) I have reported such issues with new themes, and engineers here have sometime agreed. I think it is an aesthetic issue which they should be able to see.

• I checked with Apostrophe’s developer and the bullet lists in this theme do intentionally use the “inside” list style vs. the “outside” style, so the way the lists are displayed on your site is intentional.

You can override them with some custom CSS. If you’d like to override bullet lists in all posts – and not just the ones generated by the Display Posts shortcode – you can target all list items within posts, using piece of CSS like this:

.entry-content li {
        list-style-position: outside;
    }
  • The topic ‘Lists in Apostrophe theme (reporting formatting issue)’ is closed to new replies.