Line spacing

• I want to be able to hit return at the end of a short line of text in a poem without having double line spacing. I cannot figure out how to do this as I used to win I was more active on my blog several years ago. Things have changed here. I am an old lady simply wanting to write. I need a simple, straightforward answer that does not require me to be text savvy. All I want to do is hit return and have a single line space please

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

You can press and hold the Shift key when pressing the Enter/Return key to add a single space. Pressing the Enter/Return key without holding the Shift key will create a new paragraph with double-spacing. So you can press and hold the Shift key and press Enter/Return key.

Please try that and let us know if you have more questions.

• Thank you so much for your help! That is what I used to do when I was able to sit at my computer. I am now bedridden and only able to use my phone. Is it possible to push both keys at the same time effectively when using the phone ? Is there a different method required when doing this from the phone? Thank you again.

• Hi there, since you mentioned you are working on poetry, have you considered the Verse Block?

WP
    Blocks » Verse Block
    3 min read
    The Verse block is ideal for writing poetry on your site. To add a Verse block, click on the Add Block button. You can also type /verse and hit enter in a new paragraph block to add one quickly. Detailed instructions on adding blocks can be found here. Block Toolbar Each block has its own block-specific controls that allow you to manipulate the block right in the edi

The advantaged of this block is that it displays text exactly as you enter it, and also it is set to single line spacing by default.

Otherwise, there is not really a way to do single line spacing on mobile since there is no way to engage the keyboard combo for that.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Thank you for that block idea. I will keep it in mind. I did successfully use the shift and return keys together on my phone today and was able to post. Thanks for everyone’s help.

• Hi again,

I did successfully use the shift and return keys together on my phone today and was able to post

I tried this on my end and did not have the same luck, thanks for confirming that it does actually work. In my tests I was not able to do it despite several tries.

• The topic ‘Line spacing’ is closed to new replies.