Last comment I typed shows up in comment box

• Hi! When I reply to a comment, the last comment I typed as a reply shows up in the comment box, and I have to delete it. Any way this can be changed so that I’m seeing a blank comment box every time? Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Don’t worry about it. This is why. There is comment form available at the end of each post your WordPress blog. After the form is completed and submitted, the name and e-mail address of the person making the comment will appear and remain visible to them. Why is that and who else can see it? If another person makes a comment are the details of person leaving a comment before them visible to them?

WordPress.com uses cookies to keep track of commenters so if someone makes a comment on your blog, the next time they come to your blog, unless they have cleared their cookies, WordPress.com will recognize them and complete the details for them. No one else will be able to view those details. The next person who comments will see blank fields. Commenters will not see each other’s details.

• Thanks for replying! I’m not worried about privacy, I’d just like to skip the extra step of deleting from the comment box the comment I made last time so I can type a new one.

• There has been some new work done on comment boxes in the last couple of days that could be creating this “ghost comment” effect. You can report this annoyance to Staff by using this link. http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/

• @jimgrey
    That is annoying. To me, it seems like a bug: of what use is it to have to look at a comment you’ve already made?
    timethief is right, though. We should contact staff…

• I will put in a support ticket, but I want to add that the “ghost comment” has caused me to make duplicate comments on several occasions, and I think that the “ghost” has persisted across blogs. I.e., when I visit another blog, the last comment I made anywhere on WordPress appears in the comment box.

• @accessiblenorth
    Wow! I haven’t had the “ghost comment” persist across blogs as yet and I hope I don’t experience that. It’s annoying and I hope you do or did report this to Staff.

• Thanks, everybody, for chiming in on this. I used the support form to submit this issue. Hope they fix it soon!

• I also flagged this thread so it gets Staff attention.

• I did put in the support ticket. Just came back to say that I truly appreciate the work you and the other volunteers do. I enjoy WordPress very much, even when it drives me crazy. (It has been said by certain unkind persons that that is a very short road indeed.)

• @accessiblenorth
    What a lovely thing to say. Thank you so much for expressing your appreciation for the work Volunteers do here. :) I enjoy being a member of this unofficial team of Volunteers. We have varied backgrounds, skill sets and experience, and there’s rarely a day that goes by that I don’t learn something new from another Volunteer.

• The topic ‘Last comment I typed shows up in comment box’ is closed to new replies.