larger content on Twenty Seventeen template

• Hello everybody,

I like the Twenty Seventeen because I can have a header video but I find the content width to be very small.

How can I have a wider column for content? (pic and text)

Thank you very much,
    Julien

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, one thing to keep in mind is that the maximum width for text-based content, to maintain the best readability is 66 characters per line, including spaces and punctuation. The text/content area on your site is set for a maximum of 740px originally. The following widens that to 900px maximum width and also forces your images and such to full width. See what you think.

.page-one-column .panel-content .wrap {
      max-width: 900px;
    }
    .page-one-column .panel-content .wrap img {
      width: 100%;
    }
  • And if you wish, the following would widen the text input area on your contact form to the same width.

.contact-form textarea {
      max-width: 900px;
      width: 100% !important;
    }
  • Thank you so much ! It works.

How can I have pics at 100% and also my buttons (smaller pics) to be smaller? Right now it’s trying to stretch my small jpg for buttons.

• Hi, what you will have to do is assign a CSS class to your buttons, such as “my-button” and then we can use the following CSS, which will exclude your buttons from the image resize.

.page-one-column .panel-content .wrap img:not(.my-button) {
      width: 100%;
    }

In your editor, switch to the Text/HTML tab and find the code for your buttons and then use this as a guide and add the my-button class to the class listing in the image HTML.
    img class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-88 my-button" src="https://...

• It works perfectly! Thank you thesacredpath !

• Hooray and you are welcome!

• The topic ‘larger content on Twenty Seventeen template’ is closed to new replies.