Keep pingbacks from appearing in Recent Comments

• Recent Comments widget in sidebar is popular with my regular readers. Problem is that it also displays pingbacks which take up begrudged real estate.

I’ve seen other WP blogs [hosted elsewhere than wordpress.com] that break out pingbacks separate from comments under a post – and also leave the pingbacks out of Recent Comments widget altogether/

Any suggestions on how I may do this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Sorry here @ WP.com the recent comment widget also shows Ping Backs when you receive one on your blog and at this point there is no way to exclude the ping backs… What you can do though is contact staff directly and let them know about your concern of changing this for future use and see what they have to say about it. http://support.wordpress.com/contact

• Pingbacks have never shown up in my Recent Comments widgets. I’m using Sandbox, so I think it’s probably theme-specific.

• Which means it can probably be CSS coded to omit pingbacks ?

• Think support could tell me which themes hide pingbacks?

Been wandering through themes, this morning – I’m pretty happy with the latest Journalist theme – but, I suppose I could wait till I have a pingback showing in Recent Comments and then swap through themes to see if it’s there.

• They probably could it’s worth a chance to find out/

• I asked support and they didn’t think any theme allowed for hiding pingbacks.

I waited till I had a pingback – which I most often delete because they’re spam links – and tried just about every theme I liked and none of them allowed hiding.

Inkadently, I tried sandbox that time – and it didn’t hide the pingback either?

• Let me clarify: they DO show up as comments, broken out below the list of regular comments. They do NOT show up in the Recent Comments widget as far as I can remember.

• The topic ‘Keep pingbacks from appearing in Recent Comments’ is closed to new replies.