Jetpack Comment Notifications not working for self-hosted blog comments

• Hello! On my self-hosted blog, I connected JetPack on it and used some features like Comment and Notification.

However, the problem is, if there’s a comment/like on our JetPack-connected blog, there’s nothing in the Notifications on the WordPress.com dashboard. One of my blog followers that used a WP.com account to comment also told me that when I replied and liked her comment, she didn’t get any notification for either of them in her WP.com Notifications.

I thought Notifications worked for the blog that gets connected to JetPack regardless of whether it is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted blog? Or does it only serve to take you out to WP.com but not actually do anything on the Jetpack Blog you connected it on? And, my visitors using a WP.com account won’t get any notifications for replies/likes to the comments they made on my JetPack-Connected blog? Or are there any other elements or settings I need?

Thank you in advance for the help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Comment notifications from Jetpack-connected sites do show up on the WordPress.com notification (I’ve just tested it and confirmed that it’s working). If it’s not working for you, please post on the Jetpack support forum, so the team can troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks!

• I will go there, hopefully I can figure it out.

It still weird me out that my WP.com follower and myself didn’t get any notification when I replied to them 😢

• I encountered an old post with similar problem to me here (https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/jetpack-comment-notifications-not-working-for-self-hosted-comments/) so I thought I should ask here first haha.

• The topic ‘Jetpack Comment Notifications not working for self-hosted blog comments’ is closed to new replies.