issues piling on

• so now, on top of having all my photos not displayed, i find out that there’s no longer any way to edit tags or categories? sorry to insist, but we’re talking years and years of work just gone, here! not getting any answer from you, i tried to look for answers online, and checked everything i could – browsers, updates, plugins, whatever. my other blog is working fine, using that same classic editor, images displaying just fine – can i please get an answer, a clue?  

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• all the images have suddenly vanished from my blog – considering it’s a gallery, it’s a problem. any idea what’s going on?

• images won’t display with the classic editor, whereas they’re fine with other blocks. does it mean i’m going to have to replace every post?

• Your site https://elliottsmithgallery.wordpress.com/ is set to private so no one can see what’s going on. You just have to wait untill a Staff member is available as they are the only one who can see a private site.

• i can set it to public, if it means finding a solution?

• wow – setting it to public seemingly resolved the display issue. except i don’t want it public right now.

• actually, no – the problem is with the classic editor. none of the posts using that editor are displaying images.

• Hi there, I could only find a couple of cached pages of your site in The Wayback Machine from last year and your site then was using Sketch. Is that still the theme you’re using?

• yes – i’ve never changed theme. suddenly all the images on my blog are not displaying, although everything (fortunately…) is still in “Media”. i noticed the handful of posts i had made not using the classic editor were the only ones showing, so i’m in the process of “converting to blocks” every single post (that’s 8 years worth of work…) and yes, before doing that, i had cleared caches, tried different browsers, even tried being patient… oddly, on my other blog https://soflawedanddrunkandperfectstill.wordpress.com/ everything works fine, although i’m using the same theme and the same classic editor. go figure… what’s awful is the feeling of realizing you can find yourself suddenly with all your work atomized!

• Would you try the browser troubleshooting steps in this guide? https://wordpress.com/support/browser-issues/

Sometimes even logging out and then logging back in to WordPress.com helps.

Let us know how that goes.

• i would, but i did try all that! caches, browsers, refresh, logging out and in, waiting it out…it’s been 3 days now, and no overnight miracle happened. only changing from the classic editor to blocks works… ah, ah, i’m not even halfway with the hassle of manually changing every post. and who knows when the blocks post will let me down. to me, the biggest mystery is why one blog works, same theme/editor – and the other got nuked. there was a discussion a few days ago with people having the same issue – but other than stating “oh, it doesn’t work”, and then “oh, it works again”, they never said how they solved it, so i’m homecooking my own solutions, but without actually knowing what’s going on.

• my other blog is working fine, using that same classic editor, images displaying just fine

oddly, on my other blog https://soflawedanddrunkandperfectstill.wordpress.com/ everything works fine, although i’m using the same theme and the same classic editor

the biggest mystery is why one blog works, same theme/editor – and the other got nuked.

This is why tracking down this issue is so difficult. If those browser troubleshooting steps didn’t help (including turning off all extensions or changing privacy settings), then I’m out of ideas.

• i’m clueless too! it’s been almost one week now, so obviously this is not going to get fixed. so i keep on “converting to blocks” every single post… and sometimes losing pictures in the process. i’m not even halfway through, and i’m unsure if it’s even worth the trouble, considering similar issues may arise any time with the converted posts

• The topic ‘issues piling on’ is closed to new replies.