Issue with Classic editor

• I am trying to switch our site to the Classic editor plug-in but am having issues. The plug-in is activated but it is still using the block layout. Every example I’ve seen online shows that it should just be one window. Any ideas on how I can get the one-window format for Classic editor?

Below is what it looks like.

I’m under the impression it should look like this:

• Hi there!

Can you share the link to your site so we can check?

Thanks!

• @aisajib sdnewswatch.org.

Thanks!

• sdnewswatch.org is the site. Thank you!

• Hi there,

Apologies, but we can’t help with your issue directly because we don’t host sdnewswatch.org on our WordPress.com managed hosting.

To explain, we are a fully managed hosting provider and use a custom server environment that is optimized for WordPress, provides built-in security and performance improvements, as well as in-house support for your site questions.

Because of the way we’ve optimized our service, we also use a customized version of WordPress that is different (under the hood) from what you use at GoDaddy. As a result, we do not have access to your site and are not familiar with the source of your issue. In this case we have the classic editor enabled by default on WordPress.com and don’t use a plugin, so we’re not familiar with how to troubleshoot activation issues.

You definitely have the option to move your site to us so we can provide in-house help, but as it stands now, we cannot help since it is hosted elsewhere. The good news is that help is available here at the open-source WordPress forums for the classic editor plugin: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/classic-editor/

The folks in that forum are more familiar with these kinds of issues and are in the best position to help. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Issue with Classic editor’ is closed to new replies.