intergalactic menu

• HI, I’ve created pages and no menu is formed. So I created a menu and added more navigation pages, aside from the Home page already given in the Primary Menu. How do I link the pages I created to the menu so I can navigate through the website? I found out by mistake that I had to publish pages in order for them to show in the menu, I published as private and now the menu pages are not linked. Is a public post the only way to activate the menu properly? TIA, I have not found any other topics or video with the problem or operator error I’m experiencing as a newbie.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Whether the site is public or private makes no difference regarding displaying a menu. Depending upon the theme applied, the site might display a pages menu by default. Such a menu can only display links to static pages, and in some cases the homepage. If you choose to display a custom menu — see the Site Menus support page — instead of the default pages menu then all menu items must be added manually as described in the Add Menu Items section of the Site Menus support page.

Unlike the default pages menu, a custom menu may included links to any type of internal content (posts, pages, portfolio projects, category pages, archive pages, etc.), as well external pages.

• I said, “Such a menu can only display links to static pages, and in some cases the homepage.” Correction: The default pages menu can also display a link to the blog page if it isn’t on the homepage.

Because it is retired, the Intergalactic theme isn’t available on newer accounts such as yours, so I guess you mean the Intergalactic 2 theme. Intergalactic 2 displays a default pages menu when no custom menu is set to display.

• Obviously I meant the most updated version…. keeping a step by step order to the design process was the key to resolving the issue. Too bad this simple fact wasn’t mentioned in all the tutorial videos lol TY

• I’m not sure what you mean by “keeping a step by step order to the design process” but I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue. : -)

Too bad this simple fact wasn’t mentioned in all the tutorial videos
    I wasn’t aware of any video tutorials regarding custom menus. If you have suggestions for how to improve any such videos, then you might like to start a new thread in the Ideas forum.

• The topic ‘intergalactic menu’ is closed to new replies.