Installed new blog in folder, overrides main blog

• I’ve been using my domain for the last few years, without problems. A year ago, I decided to install WordPress into my site, and I did so, also without problems. The address to this blog is http://www.jennynb.com, and the WordPress files are installed into the root folder. Recently, I found out that I needed a new stand-alone blog, and I decided to install it into a folder. The folder lies within the root folder, and is called “spania”. This went successfully, and the address is http://www.jennynb.com/spania. This blog uses a completely different theme, and the administrator, dashboard, etc. isn’t connected in any way to the other blog. This worked fine, until I decided on making one more blog. This time, I made a new folder called “art”, just like I did with “spania”.

However, even though the install went successfully, I wasn’t able to log in. Whenever I entered the log in information I had made while installing, it would just redirect from “www.jennynb.com/art/wp-login.php” to “www.jennynb.com/wp-login.php”. I was about to give up, when suddenly I logged in successfully. I installed a new theme, and started configuring my new page, when I suddenly realized that somehow I was logged in to my root blog, “jennynb.com”. When I entered the address into the address bar, my new theme showed up, without a single post aside from “hello word”, and nothing of my previous content. In a desperate attempt I tried to remove the new page, by deleting the whole “art” folder. (All the time using FileZilla.)

Still, this haven’t helped a bit, and I’ve ended up with the new art page overriding my entire old blog. I have no idea what to do in order to fix this, and I’m really scared I might have lost all my previous posts, comments, design, etc. How can I redo this?

Is there any way to fix this?

I’m really, truly grateful for all help! Please help me!

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• The topic ‘Installed new blog in folder, overrides main blog’ is closed to new replies.