Installation(a newbie) i just wanna blog :)

• Hi, im having trouble with my wordpress installer…

So here’s the thing, i was told to download the MYSQL, the i found out i needed a PHP, (then i found out that i needed something else for the php but i guess i fixed it, i found the PEAR for PHP) now i know very little of sql’s and php so i thought i could handle it… so in the end i opened the install.php to open the wordpress page for the web…and all i get is this:

‘.__(‘Already Installed’).’

‘.__(‘You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.’).’
    ‘);} switch($step) { case 0: case 1: // in case people are directly linking to this display_header(); ?>

ReadMe documentation at your leisure. Otherwise, just fill in the information below and you\’ll be on your way to using the most extendable and powerful personal publishing platform in the world.’), ‘../readme.html’); ?>

error) ) wp_die($wpdb->error->get_error_message()); display_header(); // Fill in the data we gathered $weblog_title = stripslashes($_POST[‘weblog_title’]); $admin_email = stripslashes($_POST[‘admin_email’]); $public = (int) $_POST[‘blog_public’]; // check e-mail address if (empty($admin_email)) { // TODO: poka-yoke die(‘

‘.__(“ERROR: you must provide an e-mail address.”).’
    ‘); } else if (!is_email($admin_email)) { // TODO: poka-yoke die(‘

‘.__(‘ERROR: that isn’t a valid e-mail address. E-mail addresses look like: (email visible only to moderators and staff)’).’
    ‘); } $wpdb->show_errors(); $result = wp_install($weblog_title, ‘admin’, $admin_email, $public); extract($result, EXTR_SKIP); ?>

admin

‘.__(‘Note that password carefully! It is a random password that was generated just for you.’).”; ?>
    ——————————————————————————————————————————-
    Now i did not install a wrodpress thiingy before now…
    so i dont know what to do now please i need help….i guess the only reason im trying to install the wordpress is because of a theme i like to install……

i would really really appreciate any help i can get……and when u guys do go easy on the instructions….i may not understand the lingo :D thanks in advance :D :D :D

• You are in the wrong forum and need to go over to WordPress.ORG. Our software here works differently and we won’t be able to help you.

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/please-read-me-first-before-posting?replies=1

• The topic ‘Installation(a newbie) i just wanna blog :)’ is closed to new replies.