Independent Publisher 2 – Remove black gradient from header photo

• Hello!

I’ve looked far and wide for a solution to this problem but so far have come up with none. Is there anyone who can tell me if there’s a custom css to remove the blackish gradient on the header logo on the Independent Publisher 2 theme? I want to add a background image but if I did then the logo I use which has a alpha background looks terrible and I really do not want to change my theme.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

To remove the gradient background behind the header logo, try this CSS code:

.has-header-image #hero-header:before {
       background: none;
    }

Let me know if that works.

By the way, since you’re subscribed to a paid plan on WordPress.com, you’re eligible to contact staff directly via live chat here: https://wordpress.com/help/contact.

• That did the trick but when I put that in there is now like a separator line at the bottom of the pic. Not sure though if there is code for that as well? Sorry that I’m being picky but I just have a specific vision for what I’m trying to achieve.

• You can add the following line into the custom CSS.

box-shadow: none;

So your code should look like this:

.has-header-image #hero-header:before {
       background: none;
       box-shadow: none;
    }

Hope this helps.

• You are a life save, thank you so very much!!!!

• You’re welcome. :)

• The topic ‘Independent Publisher 2 – Remove black gradient from header photo’ is closed to new replies.