Inconsistent browser behavior with jump links to Details Block

• Hello.

Recently I began using the Assembler theme for a no-fuss display and navigation, and have been setting up my WordPress.com page on my spare time.

As I began restructuring the page I decided to use the Details Block more often. I set up a few links on the main page that lead users to the content of several Detail Blocks on another page. Here’s where it gets tricky.

Since the Details Block cannot have an HTML anchor on the Summary component, I had to apply the anchor on the very first part of the Details – in this case, they lead to Paragraph Blocks.

What is weird, however, is that if I follow the links I made, Firefox (123.0.1 (64-bit)) will lead to the page but not open the block at all. Using Edge (122.0.2365.66 (64-bit)) will lead to the page and open the block immediately as if I had clicked on the Summary tab (the intended way). I haven’t tested other browsers yet.

With that in mind, I’d prefer it to behave properly (ie., jump to another page and open a Details Block) on all browsers, so is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

(Speaking of which, if a link can lead to the Summary instead of the Details, I’d appreciate if anyone could tell me).

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The topic ‘Inconsistent browser behavior with jump links to Details Block’ is closed to new replies.