Images -new to CSS

• Hi,

I have just bought a CSS Upgrade and have downloaded a theme from the internet using Google. I can paste the CSS Stylesheet into Edit CSS but I cannot get my images to show up.

Do I need to host them somewhere? If so, is there anywhere free I can host them where they will show up?

I have tried uploading them on WordPress and pasting the link in the CSS Stylesheet but that is not working.

Please help!

• Stylesheets are theme specific, and themes here at wordpress.com are not the same as like-named themes you download off the web. The themes here at wordpress.com have been modified for security issues and to run on the multi-user version of wordpress used here. Unless the stylesheet you are pasting is designed specifically to work with the modified themes here at wordpress.com it isn’t going to work.

• Yeah, for hosting custom made images use something like http://www.photobucket.com It is what I used for my theme.

• Also remember that the CSS might be using relative URLs. When you upload then (either to WordPress or elsewhere) you need to put in the full path.

• The topic ‘Images -new to CSS’ is closed to new replies.