images arent clickable any more ?

• in my images , I used to be able to click on them and it open up the full sized image . effective epspecially on large panoramic ones .
    recently I noticed I haven’t got the ability to ‘click’ on the image any more like I previously could . you don’t get the option . I know I uploaded the full sized images originally , but it still wont let me click it .
    how do I fix I tried for hours to solve the issue but I’m getting nowhere . I do everything in wordpress.com not my own site .
    thanks !

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• @timethief – many thanks , thought I was going nuts !!

is there a default for that always being on like it used to be , surely I don’t have to individually do this for every single image ?

“To have the resized image link to the larger version, click on the image in your post, then click the insert/edit link icon in the main editor toolbar. It should automatically fill in with the url of the full size image. Then save. ”

• @timethief – can you help ?
    now when im in the wp admin url based classic editor , when i click on image as above [click on the image in your post, then click the insert/edit link icon in the main editor toolbar. It should automatically fill in with the url of the full size image] , it doesnt fill in the box any more with the url . the url box is blank now . it worked when you last told me , but now it wont . how do i make it link to the full sized clickable image .
    why do wordpress mess things up when they where correct orig . arghhh lol !
    hope you can advise , thanks

• i can go to older posts , and anything that is clickable as soon as i click the image the ‘insert/edit link icon’ lights up . if it isnt it doesnt light up . anything not currently clickable im unable to make the url box fill itself in . it jsut remains blank therefore cannot make it open ot view full image .
    going thru old posts its easy to see what has the link as insert/edit link icon instantly lights up .
    infuriating mate !!

• omg what a piece of turd this is now .

heres a pathetic work around solution , surely there must be an easier way .

prev it auto did it

then we had to use stupid scenario above

now heres how . find image in wp admin edit mode youd like to link , then click media button , locate image image and click it , copy url on right , go back to edit page , click “insert link” as above and paste url , while each time the page defaults back to the top . this is a POS wordpress sort this crap right out

timethief – can you come up with easier solution please ? as i say when clicking “insert link” it doesnt now pre fill url you have to hunt it down as i jsut typed and copy n paste . def spoiling WP enjoyment , its actually a major chore jsut to be able to display my pic . no wonder people are using instagram etc

• I’m sorry but I don’t have a better approach. I tagged this thread for a Staff response. Please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• @tharobster, @timethief, actually you can add links to images in the newer editor. It’s seen many updates since that thread.

Here’s what I did:

– Click the image icon to add the image

– Click the image

– Click the link icon

– You’ll get the image URL; you can change that if needed

– Click Add Link

Can you give that a try? It’s one of those things that looks much more complicated written out, but it’s actually pretty simple once you’ve got it.

• @supernovia
    Thanks and bookmarked! :)

• thanks @supernovia , works ok in new editor .

wordpress shame it doesnt work in old editor . and worse it just doesnt auto add the url link asit always had done , its an extra step that wasnt previously needed . webdevelopers , gotta love them .

• For the media upload in the wp-admin editor, here’s what I did:

1. Click the media icon
    2. Upload an image
    3. On the right, scroll down to Attachment Display Settings
    4. Under “Link To” choose “Media File”
    5. Insert into post

Is that working for you? If not, which step has you stuck?

• ahh youre a winner @supernovia ! that drop down wasnt selected , now it works perfect . back to how it used to be hurahhhhh .
    i raise my beer to you tonite ;-)

• The topic ‘images arent clickable any more ?’ is closed to new replies.