Image Widget Bunching Pictures Together?

• This evening I realized that the images on my sidebars are bunched together? The pictures are displaying fine and the links work. They were perfectly fine this morning. Is there a problem with the image widget because that is what I’m using for them. Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, after looking at a Google cache of your site’s front page I see what you mean.

I’ll go ahead and tag this for Staff attention.

• Hi rosschrisman2003,

I can see what you mean about the widgets bunching together. The images in those widgets have this Image CSS Class:

alignleft

Is this a class you added recently? Or has it been there for a while? I’m just trying to get a sense of what has changed recently, if anything.

Thanks!

• Those images have been there for a while, but I recently switched them over to using the image widget. They originally were hosted by Photobucket using the text widget until Photobucket messed with users accounts. The image widget was working great until yesterday. Its been a few weeks since I switched everything over to the image widget. I hadn’t made any new changes within the last few weeks after switching to the image widget.

• Everything was originally set to the alignleft when I switched over.

• Hi rosschrisman2003,

Okay this is good to know, thanks. I’m going to speak to our developers and see if I can find out what is causing this. I’ll be in touch when I have more information though.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Thanks for the help. I think I figured it out. It looks like there were some updates to the image widget that caused them to get bunched together. Going into the widget I could tell there were some differences from before. I deleted my sidebar pictures and added them back up and now they are all good.

• Hi rosschrisman2003,

It looks like there were some updates to the image widget that caused them to get bunched together.

Yes, that’s exactly it. We recently made changes to the image widget and the new widget uses different classes. In the older version, you could assign left alignment and the image was placed inside code which prevented the issue you were having.

If you see other instances of this on your site, I’d recommend replacing the affected widgets with new image widgets, as you’ve done so far.

Glad to see your widgets are back to normal now :)

• We recently made changes to the image widget …

Thanks for that update @gemmacevans

• The topic ‘Image Widget Bunching Pictures Together?’ is closed to new replies.