Image Resizing Back to HTML Again??

• What the heck is going on?

I just tried to resize an image and the ability to resize the image in the editor has went away yet again, I will now need to go into the html code to change the size. Also one of the images inserted as the wrong width (lead image in draft Post) – it is the same width as the images that follow but is 1/3 narrower.

The change the size was in the out then in and out and in and is out yet again – it was working a week or two ago – why the great leap backwards? Virtually EVERY OTHER EDITING PROGRAM TODAY EXCEPT WORDPRESS.COM HAS THE ABILITY TO EASILY RESIZE IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes the ability to pad around an image is finally back – is it your developers think that we can only handle so many boxes when we edit an image??

When will the image resize be added back?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Howdy captnmike!

Sorry for the trouble you’re having with this. Can you point me to the exact post you’re having trouble with? Not sure which draft post I should click on. Did you try clicking on the image and dragging the small boxes to resize it in Visual mode?

http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-settings/#within-posts

I’ve tried this myself and did not have trouble resizing an image.

I’m not aware of any recent changes to the image tool that would have affected your experience. Did clearing your browser cache work?

Solve Common Browser Issues

Let me know so I can help you out. Thanks for your patience!

• Turns out the image resize is still there, just the access is changed, I clicked on “Custom” and the boxes that used to be in the open appeared and I was able to resize the image. – sorry about that

But it still does not explain why with all the images inserted at “Medium” the first image was about 200 px wide and all the rest were 300 px wide (what I wanted)

Seems to me that medium should be medium –

The Post I had trouble with was: http://captnmike.com/2014/04/30/improved-fender-whip-part-2/

Thanks

• Hey there!

I took a look at your Media Settings here:

https://captnmike.wordpress.com/wp-admin/options-media.php

I can see that you’ve set the Max Width and Height to 300 pixels for the Medium image setting. Given that, depending on the width and height of the image, whichever is larger takes on the maximum value, while the other adjusts. Thus, your image took on the height of 300 pixels since it was taller than it is wide, and adjusted the width to 199 pixels to maintain the aspect ratio.

Hope that clears things up for you!

• Actually the pixel count is the default – so it’s a “feature” on the width – thanks – I will just leave the settings as is, and remember that from time to time I will need to tweak the image a bit

thanks for the explanation – guess I should have caught that myself – Oh well – with the custom size back – not a big deal to change

• You’re welcome, captnmike!

• The topic ‘Image Resizing Back to HTML Again??’ is closed to new replies.