Image Loading Bar Never Goes Forward

• Hi guys,

I can’t find a post that deals with my specific problem on images in the new version, apologies if there is one.

As I try and upload a picture the loading bar just stalls at the first point, no matter what the file type is.

I have the most recent version of flash, so that isn’t the problem. I’m on Firefox and Linux is my OS if that has any impact.

Thanks for your help.

• The first thing to do is go to http://www.adobe.com/ and download and install the latest shockwave flash plugin for your browser. The new image uploader is flash based and seems quite particular regarding the flash plugin.

• I have the same problem using the newest flash 9,0,115,0 and the newest firefox 2.0.0.13 on a mac os 10.4.

• I have got the same problem with IExplorer v6. I can’t upload images at all at the moment. I can link from other websites, but would rather upload from my pc. The field for upload doesn’t even show. And yes, I have the latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave Flash plugins.

• I downloaded it from

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi

Sacredpath, Is this the right software?

Hope this works…what surprises me…is that the upload was working last night without the flash download….

• How about this…I’ve got a video uploaded that’s been transcoding for two days…this sucks…

• There’s a bug in the Linux version of Flash that prevents the upload progress bar from moving until the upload is complete. It doesn’t prevent the upload from working, just affects the display of the progress bar.

It’s a bug in Flash itself, there’s no way we can fix it.

If you’re not running Linux, or if the progress bar moves, your problem is not the same.

• I’m on a mac os 10.4 system (not using linx) and my friend himbeertoni is using a windows XP system. we both run the latest firefox and the latest flash.

my upload bar doesn’t move at all,
    where himbeertonis says
    “an error occurred in the upload. please try again later.”

please help

• aquemini: your problem is probably something to do with the type of file you’re trying to upload. Please post a new thread with details.

• Hey Guys! I use Firefox & a Windows XP system. I finally got the fershluggenner image upload to work. I uploaded both the lastest Shockwave and Adobe Flash 11, could upload from a URL but wanted my own files.
    I allowed popups from wordpress w/ Firefox, still didn’t work. I finally unblocked ALL popup windows and IT WORKS!!! Yay and thanks for these forums.

• The Upload from URL doesn’t actually put it in your own webspace: it simply hotlinks. I just discovered this. NOT what I was hoping for.

• miffity1: thanks, I think that’s the first report we’ve had of problems with a popup blocker. Is that Firefox’s built-in popup blocker, or an add-on? Which version of Firefox?

• @tellyworth
    just normal jpegs. not even big ones. somehow it’s now working on my machine now, after i deleted my cache multiple times and restarted firefox a few times too.

but this procedure didn’t help my friend himbeertoni who is sitting next to me and is still experiencing the same issue.

• Try allowing ALL popups, ie: essentially turning off Popup Blocker on Firefox. Report back if that works, because Staff will have to fix it. We can’t have people forced to deal with popups all over the web just because of something here.

• Nope. I just tried it myself. I wish I knew why it worked for that one user. Now I’m off to update Java as well.

• The topic ‘Image Loading Bar Never Goes Forward’ is closed to new replies.