I want to reactivate my domain after premium cancellation

• Hello

I cancelled the premium service yesterday but later I realized that I cannot register the same domain ([redacted by staff]) either in WordPress.com or anywhere else.

Ideally I want to register with somewhere else, but I saw it in WordPress.com support page that they cannot guarantee that it won’t be available again.

Now I am in trouble because I really don’t want to lose the domain! How long should I wait to find out that I can re-register anywhere else? Or Is it too late to use the same domain anymore??? In case if my domain won’t become available again, I would rather cancel my premium cancellation and hoping that I can reactive my (. com) domain. Is it possible?

It would be great if someone help me.

Thank you!!

• I tagged this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hi [redacted by staff] –

I went ahead and reached out to the registrar to restore the domain to your account. I’ll let you know if I’m successful! I think this is the surest way forward. We can always point your domain elsewhere by changing the name servers. After 60 days, you can transfer the domain to another registrar. We just want to make sure we don’t lose it!

• Hi Jeremy,

Thank you so much for coming back to me! That’s fantastic. Look forward to hear from you.

Best,
    Kyoko

• I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear back from the registrar!

• Hi Kyoko!

I was able to restore the domain to your account. You should be able to set it as the primary domain here:

[redacted by staff]

I just sent a manual payment request to your email address for the cost of the domain. Can you let me know if you have any trouble making the payment?

• Thank you Jeremey for your help.
    I’ve managed to complete the payment and switched my primary domain.

Thanks sooo much!
    Kyoko

• Thanks Kyoko! Let us know if you need anything else.

• The topic ‘I want to reactivate my domain after premium cancellation’ is closed to new replies.