I want a public category that's not displayed on my home page

• I want to steer my blog towards my music related endeavours, but occasionally I want to publish some writing about unrelated topics (my local football team for example). I don’t want these writings on my main home page, but I would like to have them on my wordpress site.

Last time I needed to write an unrelated post, I published it as a page and shared links to friends and interested parties, but I’d prefer to have all such rants and writings linked together as a post category, that is hidden from the main view.

I can’t post pages each time I want to do this, so I ask the community; what are my options?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The only way to do this is to create a category and make sure to set ALL posts in that category as at least X number of months old, so that they don’t appear on the front page but instead appear farther back in your blog. I’d suggest a year old, because that’s an easy to remember date.

• Hah! That’s a good method (or even a hack, but a clever one). There are ways I could do exclude category X from the home feed if I were installing my own own wordpress blog on my own hosting. I was hoping for a legitimate way to do this on a subscribed wordpress blog on the .com site.

Any ideas?

• I was hoping for a legitimate way to do this on a subscribed wordpress blog on the .com site.

There isn’t one.

• That’s a shame.

Could someone recommend an alternative service that might offer this kind of choice?

• The topic ‘I want a public category that's not displayed on my home page’ is closed to new replies.