I NEED HEL PLEASE!! MY WEB IS DOWN

• People, i put this code into wordpress editor, into functions.php and my web (www.wakeandlisten.com) is down.

What can i do? i need a fast answer please!!

Thank you.

function wp_link_pages_titled($args = ”) {
    $defaults = array(
    ‘before’ => ‘<p>’ . __(‘Pages:’),
    ‘after’ => ‘</p>’,
    ‘link_before’ => ”,
    ‘link_after’ => ”,
    ‘echo’ => 1
    );

$r = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );
    extract( $r, EXTR_SKIP );

global $page, $numpages, $multipage, $more, $pagenow, $pages;

$output = ”;
    if ( $multipage ) {
    $output .= $before;
    for ( $i = 1; $i < ($numpages+1); $i = $i + 1 ) {
    $part_content = $pages[$i-1];
    $has_part_title = strpos( $part_content, ‘<!–pagetitle:’ );
    if( 0 === $has_part_title ) {
    $end = strpos( $part_content, ‘–>’ );
    $title = trim( str_replace( ‘<!–pagetitle:’, ”, substr( $part_content, 0, $end ) ) );
    }
    $output .= ‘ ‘;
    if ( ($i != $page) || ((!$more) && ($page==1)) ) {
    $output .= _wp_link_page($i);
    }
    $title = isset( $title ) && ( strlen( $title ) > 0 ) ? $title : ‘First’;
    $output .= $link_before . $title . $link_after;
    if ( ($i != $page) || ((!$more) && ($page==1)) )
    $output .= ”;
    }
    $output .= $after;
    }
    if ( $echo )
    echo $output;
    return $output;
    }

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• rayvegas,

You should able to able to use FTP to access the web server that your blog is hosted on, although you may need to obtain the correct credentials from your web host if you do not have them.

You will then need to use an FTP client to log in to the web server. I recommend FileZilla which you may download for free by visiting https://filezilla-project.org/ and clicking on “Download FileZilla Client”.

Once you have installed FileZilla, look for the “quick connect” boxes in the toolbar where you can provide the server’s hostname (“www.wakeandlisten.com”) and your username and password; use “21” for the “Port” or, alternatively, leave it blank.

Once logged in, you’ll need to find the folder where your WordPress files are saved and then navigate to the directory where your themes files are located. Your web host may very likely be different but if it were on my server the folder would be named such as “<DOMAIN NAME>/wp-content/themes/<NAME OF YOUR THEME>/functions.php”.

You’ll need to transfer this functions.php file to your computer and edit it to remove the code that you added earlier. Alternatively, you could take the time to try to fix whatever is wrong with the code but simply removing the code that you added earlier should help get you back online quickly. After you have edited and saved the file on your computer, you’ll need to transfer it back to the web server. FileZilla should see that there’s already a file named functions.php on the server and ask you what to do; you’ll want to overwrite the copy on the server.

If all goes well, you should then be able to access your web site!

—–

It’s also possible that your web host may provide some type of “file editor” in their control panel. If that is the case, you should be able to edit the functions.php file within that editor — as above, remove the code that you added and try again.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    -Jeremy

• I know you mean well, but PLEASE refrain from answering WP.org questions in this forum. Because our response time here is about 72 hours faster than theirs, if people know they can get their .org questions answered here, we will be inundated and that will only confuse the actual WordPress.com users for whom these forums exist.

• The topic ‘I NEED HEL PLEASE!! MY WEB IS DOWN’ is closed to new replies.