i have a follower, but they are cancelled

• WHO IS THIS emilythoko AND WHY WOULD THIS PERSON FOLLOW ME AND HAVE A CANCELLED PROFILE, I DON’T HAVE ANY POSTS?????? TO FOLLOW
    here is my email:

On Jan 2, 2015, at 22:10, pegasus2be <(email visible only to moderators and staff)> wrote:

emilythoko is now following pegasus2be

emilythoko just started following you at http://pegasus2be.wordpress.com. They will receive an email every time you publish a post. Congratulations.

You might want to go see what they’re up to! Perhaps you will like their blog as much as they liked yours!
    View Profile
    Want less email? Modify your Discussion Settings.

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Well, it might be circumstance, but there’s this discussion and that person’s profile was removed from gravatar.

If it is the same person, I find it odd that they would be able to continue logging in and following sites with that profile, so I am tagging this for Staff input.

• 17 hrs ago “emilythoko hanno appena iniziato a seguirti su http://macramefashiondesign.wordpress.com. Riceveranno un’email ogni volta che pubblichi un articolo. Complimenti.”

• Recently I was followed by someone called Emily, with a url link of [removed by staff]. The url just took me to a page saying ‘Thanks’, and when I clicked ‘Emily’, I found the profile has been deleted. Obviously, I am now a little concerned about clicking the link – and about who has accessed my blog.

• WHO IS THIS emilythoko AND WHY WOULD THIS PERSON FOLLOW ME AND HAVE A CANCELLED PROFILE, I DON’T HAVE ANY POSTS?????? TO FOLLOW — the same thing happen to me as pegasus2be.wordpress.com, please let us know what’s happening!
    here is my email:

[Dog Scouts of America] emilythoko is now following your blog‏

[Dog Scouts of America] emilythoko is now following your blog
    WordPress.com 1/02/15
    To: (email visible only to moderators and staff)

emilythoko is now following Dog Scouts of America

emilythoko just started following you at http://dogscoutsblog.wordpress.com. They will receive an email every time you publish a post. Congratulations.

You might want to go see what they’re up to! Perhaps you will like their blog as much as they liked yours!

View Profile

Want less email? Modify your Discussion Settings.

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

• Hi there, please see this Staff reply concerning spam followers:

Hi there, it is possible for spammers to follow your blog, although it isn’t something you need to worry about.

Pretty much the only thing they have to gain by following you is getting you to visit or follow their blog through the notification email.

If those followers have blogs that contain spam content, please report it following this guide: http://en.support.wordpress.com/report-blogs/

It looks like the sites linked in the gravatar profile you linked to are not hosted by WordPress.com, so we can’t take them down. But you can report them to the webhost.

Now, please do not add any more replies to this discussion and let’s wait to hear from Staff as to why this person still has access to their account to follow sites.

• Hey everyone!

We are working on identifying and blocking these types of users. There are a variety of reasons why you may not be able to click through to a user’s profile, including no site being attached or the account being suspended. As these reasons are account specific, I can’t discuss them with you unless you are the account holder.

To quote another section from my previous thread:

Most of these users actually never receive updates from your sites. They tend to block any emails from us and subscribe to so many sites that there’s no way they’re reading anything in the Reader. Their only goal is to drive traffic through these subscription updates.

Obviously, I am now a little concerned about clicking the link – and about who has accessed my blog.

You should never click on a link that you believe might be untrustworthy. If you don’t know exactly where the link is taking you, don’t click on it. Trust your instincts here and don’t click on anything that you think might be spammy or malicious.

As for access to your site, your website is public. This means that anyone who has access to the internet can visit it. If you’re concerned about people you don’t know visiting your site, you should change your privacy settings to make your site private.

There’s really nothing to worry about. Let me know if there’s anything else I can explain to reassure you. :)

• Literally have the EXACT same emilythoko situation going on here from 6 days ago!

• Here I am as well. So now i guess we can say this is the emilythoko mystery.

• The topic ‘i have a follower, but they are cancelled’ is closed to new replies.