I added a new post to ‘Blog’ page, and my ‘Home’ page text disappeared

• Hello everyone,

I need some help, please.

As my subject suggests, I recently added a new post to appear on my ‘Blog’ page, and after publishing this, all of the text (below my menu panel) on my ‘Home’ page vanished.

If I delete the blog post from the ‘Blog’ page, the text returns onto my ‘Home’ page.

Does what I am describing make sense to anyone?

Id so, do you know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance :)

JC.

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Do not bump in this forum, you won’t get better or faster help; on the contrary.

What is the URL of your site as we can only help with sites running on the wordpress.com platform.

• Apologies. I am very new to all of this.

The URL is joncoomwrites.com

The site is not live yet, however.

I tried again today and same thing. When I added a blog, the text on my landing page beneath my menu bar all vanished.

I followed what I thought were the proper steps (making my landing page static, and choosing my blog page as the location for new posts to appear).

I am very grateful if someone can help.

Merry Christmas.

• Can no one help me?

I have tried researching my question everywhere with no luck.

I would really appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction.

• Hey there, I can’t see the site because it isn’t hosted here and is in coming soon mode. If you’re trying to add text to your “posts” page, generally you’ll want to do that through the theme or templates rather than by editing the blog page itself.

Or, you could create a page with the text you want, then use a Latest Posts block to add your posts content.

Going forward, these forums are primarily for sites that use our free-tier hosting. We’re a little different from the WordPress software itself. This article explains some of the differences.

You’ll want to create an account at WordPress.org so you’ll have access to the correct community for your site. Or, you’d be welcome to host here; your plan would get direct support.

I hope this helps!

• The topic ‘I added a new post to ‘Blog’ page, and my ‘Home’ page text disappeared’ is closed to new replies.