I accidentally changed my site url and now I cannot access my dashboard or anything

• I changed my site url thinking that it would update the site to my domain that I had associated with it and now I no longer have access to it at all. Can this be changed? If not how do I delete that site so it is no longer associated to my domain?

• Hey breannamashellegmailcom!

When you first changed the site url there should have been a checkbox saying “Yes, please permanently disable yoursite.wordpress.com”. If you checked that box then your original site url is gone for good. If not then you should be able to go back in to your My Blogs page in wp-admin and rename your site back to its old name.

If you do this then you should see your new site url and your old site url in My Sites and they should be duplicates of each other.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you still need help getting your site urls corrected.

• Hi @breannamashellegmailcom,

Is the site you need help with hosted on the servers here at WordPress.com, or is it hosted with somewhere else?

If it’s hosted here at WordPress.com, please follow @gsmumbo’s advice.

However, if you changed the site URL on a self-hosted WordPress site, i.e a site hosted somewhere other than the servers here at WordPress.com you’ll need to edit that in your database or wp-config.php:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

If you need help with that, please try contacting your host.

• The topic ‘I accidentally changed my site url and now I cannot access my dashboard or anything’ is closed to new replies.