Hyperlinks

• The theme I’m using is supposed to make hyperlinks appear as different colored text, rather than underlining. However, the color difference isn’t sufficient enough to stand out. Is there some place I can edit the color? I’ve looked under the customize option for appearance and I’m not seeing it.

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there,

Many thanks for reaching out.

Are you able to provide a URL to a page where you’re seeing this please?

We’ll take look at how the page is structured and advise on next steps.

• Here’s one of the page’s URLS below. There are three hyperlinks on this page.1) The Creative Penn. 2) DIY Book Covers and 3) Get Your First 10,000 Readers. As you can see, the color difference is so minimal, they don’t appear like links until you hover your mouse over them. Thanks!

Dear Indie | A Journey in Self-Publishing

• Hi! I’m looking at the theme demo:
    https://shawburndemo.wordpress.com/news/

It also seems to have pretty minimal contrast between the links and normal text unless you hover over a link. Seems like it’s just part of its aesthetic.

You have a few options:

– Switch themes to one with more contrast for links, or one that explicitly lets you control link color (most of the newer ones will)

– Use CSS to override the link settings (Requires upgrade to Premium, but the upgrade does include a lot more features)

What are your thoughts?

The newer themes do support Full Site Editing, which is a pretty powerful tool for modifying your site. It’s got a learning curve too, though, so I’d recommend watching the video here for tips:
    https://wordpress.com/support/full-site-editing/

• Okay. Guess I’m back to changing my whole website again. Someone ought to let these theme designers know that having invisible hyperlinks is bad for business.

Thanks for your help.

• All right. I’ll start looking around at different themes. Thanks.

• The topic ‘Hyperlinks’ is closed to new replies.