HTML shows in preview but not on the website

• I tried embedding a form and a countdown timer in my website, and although it shows in page preview / edit mode, it doesn’t show on the actual website

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Could you possibly share the HTML you’re trying to embed? Since you have the Creator Plan, you should be able to add code that is normally not allowed on other plans, such as javascript and iframes. We’d be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

• Thanks! It looks like you want to embed an Office form.

After doing some research, I discovered that to properly display the form on your WordPress site, you’ll need to obtain the embed code from the form, which typically includes some iframe code. Simply sharing the form URL won’t suffice, which likely explains why it appears fine in the backend but not on your website.

I found a tutorial that covers the following steps:

1. Go to your Microsoft Form.
    2. Click on “Collect Responses” at the top right.
    3. Click on the code icon (</>).
    4. Copy the code provided.
    5. On your WordPress webpage, insert a “Custom HTML” block.
    6. Paste the copied code into the block.
    7. Adjust the width to 100% and set a reasonable height, such as 700px.

Following these steps should resolve the issue. Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulties!

• I tried that and it still doesn’t appear. Same with this code:

(function(d, s, id) { var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//www.tickcounter.com/static/js/loader.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(document, "script", "tickcounter-sdk"));<a class="tickcounter" style="display:block;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;position:relative;padding-bottom:25%;margin:0 auto" title="My countdown" href="//www.tickcounter.com/">My countdown</a>
  • Hey @2024educatorsconference,

Can you share the code you are using to embed the Office form so we can take a look?

As for the code you provided above, this code includes Javascript. For security reasons, the HTML Block does not support Javascript code. You can include the embed provided, using a third-party plugin that supports javascript. You can find several in the Plugin gallery here.

Hope this helps!

• The topic ‘HTML shows in preview but not on the website’ is closed to new replies.