How to transfer website?

• I would like to transfer my website from hostinger shared hosting to wordpress.com hosting, please help

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @pcrobo786 – it looks like you have an online store selling water bottles and mugs using WooCommerce and that you’ve gone ahead and purchased the Commerce plan with us.

To migrate your site over, take a look at the Move to WordPress.com guide. Be sure to first check whether your Hostinger site meets the requirements of this method. If not, we’d be glad to can guide you through other options.

If you need any help along the way, you should have access to 24/7 live chat with your Commerce plan. Check out how to access live-chat support.

• Thank you so much for replying. Unfortunately, Jetpack is disconnected and not activating/connecting again. Plus, getting an error “Jetpack is unable to connect to your domain because your domain’s DNS records aren’t pointing to your site.” However, I have already changed the DNS a few min ago.

I took the backup from the all-in-one migration plugin. So, would like to import the backup from that but am unable to install the plugin in wordpress.com

• Hi there,

I noticed the domain connection for http://purecopperbottle.com/ had been removed. I’ve re-added it since it’s pointing to WordPress.com, and it’s now loading your WordPress.com site.

I also verified everything is connected with Jetpack. If you experience any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Have a nice day!

• Hello @jmills39 and @kathrynwp

Thank you so much for adding the domain. But the issue is not resolved. Please check the attachment.

I see the all-in-one migration plugin is not working in my case since my website data is around 600 MB, so I’m unable to load my site. Please let me know what to do since I’ve been trying all for the last 3 days but no luck yet.

• @kathrynwp

Please give it a look. The method is not working.

• Hi @pcrobo786, sorry to hear that. Would you be willing to try one of these other methods? You can use a third party plugin to import, for example, if you can’t get the Jetpack connection working properly.

For that method, you’ll just want to be sure the email address for your site admin matches the email address listed here.

WP
    Import a Website
    2 min read
    No matter where your site is now, you can move it to WordPress.com. This page will help you choose a method to migrate your website to WordPress.com. If you know what kind of site you’d like to import, click the menu option to the right to jump to that section. Import a WordPress.org Site If you have a site with another WordPress host or a local development/staging WordPress site, you can
  • Ah I misunderstood @pcrobo786, the connection isn’t working on this side, right?

I’m checking on that for you.

• OK. Currently I can see the Jetpack connection is working fine, and it looks like you’ve talked to support, but you don’t have your stuff imported yet, correct?

Also, you have your all-in-one import ready, correct? And the admin email on the old site matches the email address here? If so you should be ready to import. I would use that import option since you’re having trouble connecting to the old site.

If the all-in-one import breaks Jetpack for the new site, please let us know; we may have to fix the email address or something else, but we can check on that for you on our side. Thanks!

• The topic ‘How to transfer website?’ is closed to new replies.