How to make a website for someone else?

• Hi Everyone,

Ik have a beginners question. I know my way around the front-end side off wordpress. How to use templates, how to add content, pluggings etc.

I want to start doing this as a way to make money besides my study. I can’t figure out how to make a wordpress for someone else.

Mostly i will be doing this for familly members, most of them already have a domain.

Can someone tell me how I should start doing this? Can i make a website first, and after it’s approved publish it online? So without hosting/ server.

• Hi there!

First of all, let’s clear up any confusion – there is WordPress.com and WordPress.org and they are two different entities.

We, WordPress.com are a cloud-based platform where we manage WordPress sites.

Whereas WordPress.org is a stand-alone software that you can download and self-host with any other hosting.

On WordPress.com you can create private sites and only publish them once you’re ready. On WordPress.org you can create local versions of the site and then upload it to your host.

You can find more details about WordPress.com and WordPress.org on this support page:

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

• The topic ‘How to make a website for someone else?’ is closed to new replies.