How to change Table Block column width?

• Hi! I’m inserting a table block, but I can’t change the width per column, there’s no drag button or something, and there’s nothing in the block editor.
    The only things I can do is fix the layout or not, to which I can’t agree with both widths.

Please help me with this.
    BTW, I added the table block on a 1-column block (because I want to control my content alignment and it’s possible with the column block, as far as I’ve experienced)

Your help will be much appreciated!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Can you give a link to the specific post/page where you’ve added this so we can take a look?

The table block doesn’t have an option to manually adjust column widths. It will either adjust column widths automatically based on the content you add to the different columns, or you can set it fixed width, in which case all columns should have the same width.

BTW, I added the table block on a 1-column block (because I want to control my content alignment and it’s possible with the column block, as far as I’ve experienced)

The table block shouldn’t be used to control layout of your content. The table block it meant for tables that display data, and all its styling and features are built only around that purpose.

To control layout on your site you can instead use the Layout Grid or Columns blocks, or you can take a look at the precofigured block patterns that will automatically insert a collection of blocks that create a particular layout, where you can then just insert the content you want:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/block-pattern/

• Hi,

I’m doing it here: https://fatfanatiq.wordpress.com/befeaturedguidelines/

The table block doesn’t have an option to manually adjust column widths. It will either adjust column widths automatically based on the content you add to the different columns, or you can set it fixed width, in which case all columns should have the same width.

Too bad, I guess there’s not other option? I may try to look for other block patterns. Sorry, I’m new to the block editor and have so much questions haha. Thank you for your support :)

The table block shouldn’t be used to control layout of your content. The table block it meant for tables that display data, and all its styling and features are built only around that purpose.

I didn’t use the table block for control, I used the column block. I can adjust the offset and span as I want and I like it. Thanks :)

• The topic ‘How to change Table Block column width?’ is closed to new replies.