How do you indent paragraphs

• Not finding a function to indent paragraphs.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Can you tell us more about what you are trying to set up? I’ve visited your site at https://lastbridgetomemphis.wordpress.com/ and I see it is displaying some text there, are you trying to add margin spacing to the left side of the text to move it into the center of the layout more than it is now? Or did you have something else in mind?

Site-wide margins of this nature are hard-coded into our older themes, such as the Afterlight theme in use on your site now. However by upgrading to our Premium plan, which will allow you to add CSS code to override the built in styles of your theme.

<section class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__header”>

Premium

<strong class=”plans__features plan-features__targeted-description-heading”>Best for freelancers: Build a unique website with advanced design tools, CSS editing, lots of space for audio and video, Google Analytics support, and the ability to monetize your site with ads.

Learn more

</section><section class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__detail”>

$8/month, billed annually

<fieldset class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__billing-options”>

<label class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__billing-option-label”><input class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__billing-option-input” id=”hb-plans-radio-control-0″ type=”radio” value=”value_bundle_monthly”>Monthly</label>
    <label class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__billing-option-label”><input class=”hb-pricing-plans-embed__billing-option-input” id=”hb-plans-radio-control-0″ type=”radio” value=”value_bundle” checked=””>Annually(Save 56%)</label>

</fieldset>

Upgrade to Premium</section>

Also you may wish to consider switching to our newer block-based themes, which will give you the ability to access your page templates directly (where the spacing for all pages using that template are set) and modify those using the same block tools you are familiar with now. You can see what themes we have on offer here:

https://wordpress.com/themes/filter/full-site-editing

More info on how you can edit templates on Block Themes here:

WP
    Templates
    7 min read
    A template controls the layout of your pages. Not to be confused with Themes (that set the design of your entire site), the template affects the look and feel of an individual page (or post) or groups of pages (or posts.) This guide explains how to work with page templates.

Introduction to Templates

The template controls how the page is displayed.

You can identify the template a page

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.<br data-rich-text-line-break=”true”>

• Hey there @jimcondelles, apologies for the formatting issues there. My colleague is working on that, but I’ll try from my side to see if I get the same thing.

Are you trying to indent a single paragraph, like a quote? We do have a way built-in for handling that.

If you are hoping to indent every paragraph of your text in lieu of double-spacing (aka “block paragraph” style) I actually wouldn’t necessarily recommend that for the web, because of how it can translate on narrow mobile screens. Still, we could help you get the CSS code for it if your plan supports that. You’d need this one:

• The topic ‘How do you indent paragraphs’ is closed to new replies.