Hover Text feature

• Dear WordPress Support Team and Forum members,

I’ve recently launched a new blog especially for my Japanese junior high school students, to provide audio and visual support for them while they are learning to read English words in their textbooks and other printed materials. I’d very much like to make it possible for them to hover the mouse over a word and see a quick translation in Japanese pop up.

There is a “Text Hover” plugin that enables writers to add hover text to regular text in posts at WordPress.org, but I am informed by the WordPress.com Support Team that, unfortunately, this tool is not presently available for users of WordPress.com

I would be so grateful, as it could enable a potentially large number of Japanese students of English to be able to read simplified English text at a reasonably fluent speed, if you could make a Hover Text tool available at WordPress.com.

Would it be possible for the WordPress.com Support Team to make a Hover Text feature available?

Thank you for all your hard work!

Kind regards,

Daniel Hougham
    in Miyoshi, Hiroshima, Japan

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Raincoaster,

Thank you for the link!

I read through the the posts on that topic, and am trying to insert an “empty link” with a title, but when I put nothing in the destination URL field, neither a link nor a title is created.

Does “empty link” mean that you put nothing in the destination URL field, or put a code in there, or what? How do you make an “empty link”?
    I was wondering if you could let me know how to create an “empty link”

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Hougham

• The topic ‘Hover Text feature’ is closed to new replies.