Homepage deleted

• Hi!

I changed my site template to Nook and while editing it seem to have changed the homepage to “empty” – there’s absolutely nothing on it and it shows up at ’empty template’.

If you go to the website address it’s a blank page saying “Empty template: Front Page”

Posts all show up fine but I can’t seem to fix this!

I switched themes again and then back to Nook to see if it would restore it to the default but no luck – is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi! @sarahduggers

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I checked your home page and it appears you have managed to add content to it using the Blog Posts block.

In case the home page displayed different content earlier and you wish to restore that content, I recommend checking for the missing content in previous revisions of the Front Page template or the Index template.

To access previous template revisions, navigate to Appearance → Editor → Templates, select the template you wish to restore and follow the steps in this guide: Restore a Template Revision. Hope this helps.

• Hi thank you so much!

I have been playing around to see what I can do and have removed that because what I want is the Nook default front page.

I have a look through the revisions, and there is one from an hour ago but restoring it doesn’t make any difference:

Title
    Removed Added Deleted:
    Added: Front Page
    Excerpt
    Removed Added Deleted:
    Added: Displays your site’s homepage, whether it is set to display latest posts or a static page. The Front Page template takes precedence over all templates.

I don’t understand how I managed to delete every bit of information on the homepage without trying and why I can’t get it back! Agh!

• Did you also check the revisions for the Index template? @sarahduggers

Looks like you only checked the revisions for the Front Page and the missing content may have been set up in the Index template instead.

• AAAANNNNND… it just magically came back??!?!?!

• That’s great. I also checked and confirmed here that none of the templates on your sie are empty.

• thank you all for taking the time to help!

Reply to Homepage deleted