Home Page on wordpress.org

• I recently switched to wordpress.org and started a new blog:
    avegankitchen.com/myblog
    I transferred the files over to this new site from my wordpress.com site
    Now on my new site “avegankitchen.com/myblog” when I click on “Home” it diverts me back to the wordpress.com site. I tried to change this from the Pages menu on the .org site but nothing works
    Please help me transfer my subscribers to my .org site and delete the .com site

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• It sounds to me like you have a custom menu on your site that you’ve put a link to the home page on by inserting a link and typing your blog’s url. Since you’ve changed it now, it needs to be updated.

• I have switched to wordpress.org, from wordpress.com. When I set up my new webpage in the initial setup I must have input my webpage to show as “www.avegankitchen.com/myblog”. My site is hosted by hostgator as “www.avegankitchen.com”
    How can I drop the “myblog” subdomain on my wordpress.org site?
    If this can be done, do I have to redirect my subscribers?

Please help

Gabriella

• Do I have to register with wordpress.org in order to access their forums? I cannot log into the .org support forums.

Gabriella

• To just view the forums no, but you do need to register in order to post there. As for your myblog directory, it sounds like what you did when you set up the site was type myblog when it asked you what directory you wanted to set up your blog in. Leaving this blank would have set it up in the root directory and your site would just be yourdomain.com. Now that it’s set up in the myblog directory though, I’m not sure how to fix that, that’s a question for the wordpress.org forums.

• The topic ‘Home Page on wordpress.org’ is closed to new replies.