Home Page

• Hello,

The above site was my homepage, which at some point defaulted back to the other one with no contents. Please help me change my homepage back to original before making it public.

Thanks

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, was this in relation to the free site http://mythicdamavand.wordpress.com/ which is associated with your WordPress.com account?

If this was in regards to a different site, feel free to share the URL; please bear in mind that we are able to help with sites that are hosted here with us on WordPress.com, but for sites using the WordPress software from WordPress.org, there is a community forum at this address:
    https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

• Hi,

Yes, exactly, all WordPress. I am still in the process of write up, but at some point the main page as homepage switched back to the one with no content. Although, it is still private, but I would like to get rid of redundant pages and have only the main one. I just didn’t want to delete those unwanted pages without consultation, fearing it would delete the main page with pics and all.

Thanks

• The system won’t allow you to specify a static front page if no pages are publicly available, so do you want to go ahead and make that one live? Then if you’re having trouble making it the front page, please let us know.

The other pages should have no bearing on this, but they’ll be in the trash for a few days if you need them.

• Hello,

I made it public and went to Settings, Reading, and made it static, as some instruction has recommended it. It worked, thank you! I also deleted a redundant page as you had advised. I am hoping my site will stay safe till I can share it and upgraded it. Just as curiosity, what will happen if I make private again?

• Hi there,

I can confirm I see a custom homepage when I visit your site.

Just as curiosity, what will happen if I make private again?

I noticed in the past that you have been setting individual pages to be “private” which is not what we recommend in this situation. As you have seen, when a page is set to private (instead of the entire site being set to private) it can cause setup issues.

Instead, what we recommend is that you set the site to be “private” in the central settings. Just look for the section called Privacy on this page: https://wordpress.com/settings/

If you set your site to be private here it will mean that only you can visit the site when you are logged in to WordPress.com account, but no one else can see it. This will allow you to “publish” your pages in a way that can’t be seen by the public, but will still allow you to fully set up the site.

When you feel everything is ready, you can then change the central setting to Public again and this will have the effect of “launching” the site so anyone can visit it.

If you have any questions, let us know, thanks!

• Thank you so much for all the help! The problem was I, with no knowledge of WP, had created a couple of sites and setup issues soon arose. Now I have set my only page on Coming Soon. That should cause any problem, I guess. I will need more assistance regarding layout etc, but I will try to use your Youtube channel for now.

Thanks again!

• Hi Again,

I receive email regarding having someone to help me build the site. I am just curious now to see at what fee or if I have to upgrade it first.

Thank you!

• Hi there, we are not able to see what the contents of your email are specifically, but we have two main options you can consider:

Built By WordPress.com – You work with our team of project managers, designers, and developers to create a customized website presence for your brand and/or business. Your project can include custom design and development, custom block development, migration assistance, eCommerce, etc. Services start at $5,000 but can sometimes accommodate smaller budgets so it’s worth contacting them to find out. More info on Built By WordPress.com

Built By WordPress.com Express – For smaller projects our express service allows you to submit your business information through our project intake form, select your design from our catalog of professionally designed themes, and we’ll create custom layouts for each page of your website and add your content to each of them. You will receive an email with a link to your finished website within 4 business days. Prices start at $500 and you have the option to add more pages or simple ecommerce if needed. More info on Built By WordPress.com Express

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Hello,

It seems my typography settings are missing, and I cannot choose font, size, etc. Please advise.

Thank you

• Hi! Is this happening when you try to edit a post or a page, or was this within the Site Editor?

Normally the typography settings for a block should be available in the post/page editor too – it usually shows only size first, and you have to use the three-dot menu to show more options:

If you’re seeing something different, let us know where exactly you’re checking, and what it shows you – that will help us better investigate to help resolve this for you!

• When in a block, I used to see “more settings” in the following image. But now, it is not offered.

• Likewise, the image in your last post is no longer there. Instead, I see this one…

• Do I need a plugin update, perhaps? Tnx

• Hi there,

Please click the icon shown here (in the upper right) and this will cause the block settings sidebar to appear. When you are working in a text block, the typography settings are in the sidebar and will be found by following the screenshot that my colleague showed previously.

Thanks!

• Interesting! I found my typography by clicking this one…and thanks!

• Hello again,

On my site, can I add just one menu to the right site of the main title with a link that refers to other articles at the bottom of the page? Also, with the version I am running, do I get 1 or 3 gig of space?

As always, thanks so much for your great support.! All other issues have been resolved.

• Hey there,

Hello again,

On my site, can I add just one menu to the right site of the main title with a link that refers to other articles at the bottom of the page? 

Yes this is totally possible. This is called a page jump, or an anchor link and this can be done as per: https://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/page-jumps/

Also, with the version I am running, do I get 1 or 3 gig of space?

As the site is on the free plan, there is 1GB available.

And thank you for the kind words!

• Actually, I created a top menu page for now and will look into the jump for other needs.

Thanks, and are u guys awesome or what!

• BTW. I created a menu on top right that leads to a second page with smaller width. How do I widen it to match the size of my homepage?

thanks!

• The topic ‘Home Page’ is closed to new replies.