Help With Formatting the Title of a Blog Post

• I want the title of my next blog post to look like this:

where the wording of the first line is a smaller font size than the wording of the line(s) below. Is it possible to format it in this way? If so, then how do I do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there,

If you want your website to have a look like that, I suggest you to change entry-meta css font-family to match title font-family and shorten the line height. something like this:

.entry-meta {
        font-family: "Playfair Display",serif;
        font-size: 13px;
        line-height: 1;
        padding: 5px 0;
        text-transform: uppercase;
    }

Focus on font-family and line height. And then you can change the color of the entry meta to match the color of the title.

So, you can have a look like this on your site:

I hope this helps.

• Thank you saadahsan. I’ll try your suggestion and see if it works.

• If there are no changes after you change the css code, please refresh the browser cache by pressing the Ctrl+F5 key if you are using Windows or by pressing Cmd-Shift-R or Shift-Reload if you are using a Mac.

If you have other questions or encounter problems when changing CSS, don’t hesitate to ask for help again. We will be more than happy to help in any way we can until the problem is resolved.

• saadahsan thank you for your help, but unfortunately I have zero experience with any type of coding. I basiclly don’t know the language of coding or how to perform even the simplest coding. So, I am at a loss of what to do. If it works, please explain what I need to in detail. To be more specific in my initial question, I was asking how to I format my title in a blog post so it has two lines and the first line is in a smaller font than the second line. That is all.

Thank you.

• I apologize for the inconvenience you’re facing while trying to change the appearance of your titles, especially if you’re not familiar with coding.

One approach that might be suitable for your needs is adjusting the category style to match the title style like my previous answer. This can be achieved through some adjustments in the theme’s settings or CSS, without the need for coding knowledge.

Another option is utilizing custom fields. With custom fields, you can create a new field, like ‘Sub Title,’ to display additional text alongside your main title. This would allow you to have two titles displayed separately. However, I must mention that this option might require a bit more technical expertise as it involves either installing a custom plugin or making edits to the WordPress core code.

Please know that I’ve already tagged this problem to our moderators for further assistance. They are experienced in handling various website-related issues and will do their best to find a suitable solution for you.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification on any of the options, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here to assist you every step of the way.

• Hi there!

The two-line title you’re looking for will require some custom coding or a third-party theme that already has a custom/additional field for a separate line on the title.

You can hire a freelance developer if you’d like to add that feature by custom code or look for a third-party theme that already has a design like this (themes in our theme gallery do not have this feature).

Both of those can be done with the WordPress.com Business plan. In your current Personal plan, custom code or CSS and uploading your own theme are not allowed, so you will want to upgrade to the WordPress.com Business plan to add custom coding or upload a third-party theme to your site.

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

• The topic ‘Help With Formatting the Title of a Blog Post’ is closed to new replies.