Help! Spam or real views?

• Hi. I first published my content on March and only shared it with a few people until I posted it on my Instagram. Whenever I would post an IG picture sharing that they visit a link (which I would post on my IG bio) to a new story I published, there would be 1-3 viewers from the US, I thought it’s someone (there are 2 people from US) who follows me in IG who’s living in the US, but yesterday when I silently just changed the link twice on my IG bio without posting an IG picture, there would always be views (one each) from the US but this time the referrer is from Facebook, I NEVER posted my WordPress link in Facebook. Is the US viewer a spam or bot? There was also a one and only comment on my first story but it doesn’t appear publicly even when I approved it, so I’m thinking it’s also a bot.

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hey there,

Many thanks for reaching out, I’ve taken a look at your stats and to reassure you it doesn’t look like there’s anything untoward or anything that you would need to be worried about – from what I can see.

Instagram and Facebook are one in the same, so it’s possible the post was being seen through Facebook, via the IG app, as the two can act as browser in themselves.

I hope that makes sense.

There was also a one and only comment on my first story but it doesn’t appear publicly even when I approved it, so I’m thinking it’s also a bot.

Which comment is this? I can take a closer look at that.

It sounds like a template part could be missing as a bot comment (if it were a bot comment) would show in any case.

• The topic ‘Help! Spam or real views?’ is closed to new replies.