header photo faded

• Hi,

I am using the Ixion theme and the header photo on the homepage is darkened/faded whilst the others aren’t. I believe this is because of a call to action button that was originally there but I am not using. Does anyone know how to remove this fade feature so the image is posted at full brightness?

Thanks for any help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

The overlay you’re seeing is built into the theme so that the text that’s normally displayed there doesn’t get washed out into the image.

Removing it is possible, with a bit of Custom CSS (part of a Premium Plan or Business Plan).

With access to your site’s CSS, you’d add the following code under My Site > Customize > CSS:

.header-overlay:before {
        display: none;
    }

If you try it out, let me know how it goes!

• Hi Chad,

Thanks for the help, I’ll look into that but at the minute I’m not sure if going premium is a possibility.

I dont suppose you’d also know if its possible to completely remove the call to action button thats there? cause although we aren’t using it and its not visible. When the site is viewed on a phone or tablet it adds a huge blank bar under the header image?

Thanks again,
    Patrick

• Sorry I’ve replied from my other login but its for the same site!

• Ah, I see the bar you mean. It looks like some space is still being reserved for the Call To Action, even thought it’s technically empty.

You’ve chosen a color palette (My Site > Customize > Colors & Backgrounds) that puts a darker color on the overlay, so stands out a bit!

There isn’t a way to hide that currently without the custom CSS I mentioned, but I have opened a ticket with the design team to take a peek and see if this is an intentional part of the theme design, or something that needs an update. We’ll post here when they’ve taken a look! Thanks for pointing this out!

• Hi Chad,

Ok thanks, hopefully it might get an update then. I’ve also noticed that when I view the site on my phone the menu button in the top right covers the header image we use? Is there anyway I can change this or is it another thing I’d have to get premium and use CSS to get rid of?

Thanks for all the help!

• Hi greenteatunes!

Yep, I see that as well. This one has actually already been reported to the design team and is being looked into.

If you’d like, you can follow this thread for an update on that issue when it comes out:
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/ixion-theme-site-title-on-mobile

• Hi greenteatunes,

The Ixion theme has been updated, so the background for the CTA area should no longer be visible when there’s nothing in it, and the theme is viewed on a mobile device.

There’s also a fix for the logo issue, so it should sit next to the menu toggle on small screens.

Thanks for reporting these issues! Just let us know if you have any questions about the above, or run into anything else we can help with!

• The topic ‘header photo faded’ is closed to new replies.