Has my site been hacked or something?

• Hi,

I keep getting traffic to my blog everyday referred from lots of different sites ending in .xyz This only started happening about six to nine months ago but I’m not sure if it’s affecting my domain authority which has since gone down. Also are these referrers spam sites? And also, if I mark them as spam on the dashboard stats page, does it stop these links coming in or merely remove them from the stats page?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice :)

Cat

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello Cat,

To put your mind at rest, it doesn’t look the site has been hacked.

It does look like these could be spam referrers and it’s possible to mark these referrers as spam https://wordpress.com/support/stats/#marking-spam-referrers

It’s not possible to stop theses site from linking to your site – as we don’t have access to the site to make those changes, but marking them as spam, will remove them as referrers, and this will give a clearer picture of your sites.

It’ll also ensure a reduction of spam reduction going forward.

I hope this helps.

• Thank you for getting back to me. :) a shame there’s no way of being able to stop the spam getting through, especially if it affects DA scores, but good that it can be marked and gone from the stats.

• The topic ‘Has my site been hacked or something?’ is closed to new replies.