Gravatar/Avatar problems

• My Gravatar/avatar image on the page is not the one I’ve uploaded. I tried uploading a new one and the old one is still there. I’ve even cleared out the cache and it’s still on my page. how can I get it to change to the new one? when I go into profile and edit, I see the new Gravatar that I’ve uploaded but it’s not on the blogsite. I’ve even uploaded what I want in settings and putting into the picture location for blogs.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• We need a link to the blog, and we also need to know what the new gravatar looks like and how long ago you uploaded it.

• What does the avatar that is supposed to show up look like? I see a yellow avatar with Hudson Valley Parent on it….

• Do note that it can take a few hours, to as much as 24 for a gravatar change to propagate through the system although it is usually at the lower end of that estimate.

Gravatars/avatars (users > your profile) are the images that show up with comments and here in the forums.

Blog pictures (settings > general) are the little square images that show up next to your blog URL in browser address bars and tabs.

The two are different.

• I’m trying to change my Gravatar… and the system won’t let me do it. I started from Global Dashboard, then Profile. Any ideas?

• Is the avatar showing here in the forums the correct one? What does the new one look like?

Were you getting any sort of error message?

Does the new avatar show at users > your profile?

• My gravatar’s picture isn’t showing up in the widget on my blog’s home page anymore. It just doesn’t load. It was formerly working fine suddenly stopped – is this normal?

I can’t think of anything I might have done to cause this…

• We cannot look without a link to your blog. Is the gravatar showing here in the forums the correct one?

Have you recently changed it?

• @everyone having Gravatar/Avatar issues please provide a link to your blog as well as a screenshot of what your avatar is supposed to look like so we can determine if it’s a different matter why your not seeing the correct avatar.

you can use this free software called Jing http://jingproject.com to take your screen shot and share the screen shot via Link

• When I click to change my gravatar, an empty Gravatar.com window opens with “Please close this window if it does not close automatically”. Nothing else happens. Never been able to change the gravatar since the blog was created. Suggestions?

http://lucaraffini.wordpress.com/

• The topic ‘Gravatar/Avatar problems’ is closed to new replies.