Google can’t fetch sitemap

• Hi,

I have a wordpress.com site and WordPress has generated a sitemap, at sitename/sitemap.xml. I can go to that address and see the sitemap. However when I visit Google’s Search Console, it says Google can’t fetch the sitemap and the sitemap can’t be read. I have waited a month, in case it was a slow process, I have tried re-submitting, but no success.

I have read quite a few sites, including Google help, which give various possible remedies, but most relate to self-hosted sites and none seem useful.

Is this a problem that occurs to others? Is there a remedy?

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I want to add a second Google issue. I know it’s probably a Google problem and I should be asking THEM, but I wonder if others here have experienced the same and will give me a more satisfactory answer.

Along with being unable to fetch my WordPress sitemap, Google Search Console tells me many of my WordPress pages and posts have redirects, making Google unable to index them. Now I certainly haven’t added any redirects (I don’t know how to, I wouldn’t want to and I don’t know if it is even possible).

Has anyone else had this response from Google and know why it happens and how to correct things?

Thanks.

• I checked your site’s sitemap at https://overturntables.info/sitemap.xml and it appears to be loading correctly.

Could you try re-adding your site and submitting that URL again?

Along with being unable to fetch my WordPress sitemap, Google Search Console tells me many of my WordPress pages and posts have redirects, making Google unable to index them.

It sounds like the sitemap you added is not the correct URL. Could you please try again and use the correct link I shared above?

Reply to Google can’t fetch sitemap