Gift Upgrades

• The gift upgrades are nice – but a logged in user needs to wait for an upgrade to expire before they can renew it – it would be great to let a logged in user renew an upgrade BEFORE it expires.

On a regular basis we are faced with people in the forum needing to renew an upgrade and knowing the upgrade owner is out of town on vacation or has left the company and they are having trouble contacting the upgrade owner. Yes I know people should plan better managing blogs – but stuff happens and by the time the people show up in the forum they are in full panic mode and there is not much we can do to help.

Being able to renew upgrades as a gift would help reduce the panic. Also we are seeing more group blogs with cost sharing between people, expanding the gift renewals would help them manage and share expenses much better

Thanks

https://en.support.wordpress.com/gift-upgrades/

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey Mike! Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve moved this thread to the Ideas forum.

Expanding the gift upgrades features isn’t currently on our roadmap as the team is working on enhancing our current store offerings, but I’ve logged the idea for the future!

• Just waving ~~~~ to Shawna as I haven’t seen her post here for some time now. I hope you are well and happy too.

• Thanks

it would be something that you could brag about also, send out a news thing, not sneak it in the middle of the night like the change that older accounts now need to buy the $99.- upgrade and can no longer buy the reasonable $20 or $30 individual upgrades – with the old fair price I think there was a tendency for upgrade owners to just skip over the low cost – now with the higher cost I think there will be more desire to cost share

And we still have the original that I mentioned of the upgrade owner being hard to reach (dead in a couple of cases) – while some of the upgrades could sort of be finessed by carefully watching the expire date and with staff help buying say the CSS upgrade at the same time the old one expired.

But that required staff help to clean things up. With the new price policy it would be even harder since the person buying the new upgrade would be no-longer able to buy the single low price individual upgrade (in place of renewing) and they would be stuck with a much higher cost

• @auxclass
    Dear Mike,
    Please do not ever feed me lines like that “… not sneak it in the middle of the night…” lest I pick them up and get suspended prior to my full retirement date. ;)

• The topic ‘Gift Upgrades’ is closed to new replies.