Getting rid of prepublish checklist

• After flushing cookies in Chrome, my site now forces me to look at a prepublish checklist for each post. I’ve tried to turn it off but the setting does not stick. The site is also showing me the “Welcome to WordPress!” popu on each post.

This did not happen before flushing cookies.

Cookeis are definitely being stored on the browser, but I cannot seem to turn off these two annoying features.

Thoughts?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Are you perhaps using Windows?

The most recent update of the block editor over on WordPress.org changed how editor preferences are stored – they’re no longer set via cookies, but via a preference directly in your site’s database. But we’ve had a few reports from people that these don’t appear to be persisting, and very strangely it only appears to be affecting Windows users so far.

Can you let me know the versions of both Windows and Chrome you’re using?

Also please check if the same issue happens if you use Edge or Firefox, and if you have access to another computer, can you check if the same thing happens if you log in there as well?

• That sounds like what is happening here.

I am using a Windows 10 machine and I’ve seen it on both Chrome and Firefox. Here’s my Windows info:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021
    OS build 19042.1586
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

I’ll try a different computer later.

• Ok, I am also seeing it on a second Windows machine:

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎14/‎2020
    OS build 19044.1706
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Note that this started right after I cleared cookies in Chrome on the first machine.

• Hi there,

Thank you for the follow-up and the information. We have officially opened a bug report for this issue and our developers will take a look and work on a fix. We’ll definitely touch base with you regarding any updates we receive.

Thank you!

• Thanks! Happy to test out anything if that helps.

• The topic ‘Getting rid of prepublish checklist’ is closed to new replies.