get rid of the block editor

• I want to get rid of the block editor. i want the classic editor. I use the P2 Classic theme.

• Hi @richardmitnick,

You can check out the steps to switch to the Classic Editor under the FAQ ‘Will I still be able to use the old editor?’ at this link: https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/#frequently-asked-questions

• First, let me say that I have followed many suggestions as to how to switch back to the classic editor and none have worked or been useful.

I feel that WordPress just dumping us into the block editor was an unfortunate decision, bordering on stupidity.

Instead, we should have been advised of the availability of the block editor and asked if we would choose to use it.

As I stated above, I have spent literally hundreds of hours building .html templates for all of the institutions that I follow on my sciencesprings blog and also .html image templates which I use to not have to repeatedly need to get images. The block editor did not allow me to use any of those templates and could destroy my blog.

From what I have seen in other WordPress blogs, others have also gone to all of the trouble I have to make their blogs interesting and appealing to potential blog followers.

Wordpress is only successful if its bloggers are successful.

I want WordPress to take responsibility for this error in judgement and automatically give us back the classic editor.

• The topic ‘get rid of the block editor’ is closed to new replies.