Gazette theme featured image display issue

• I’m using featured images (1920 x 768, as recommended) on all my blog posts/pages. I’ve compressed them using Photoshop so that they are all approximately 100-300 KB in size.

When a page first loads, the featured image is displayed in the main column above the text for a few seconds and then “jumps” to fill the area at the top of the screen where it should be. This is distracting for the user and looks unprofessional. I’d be very grateful if anyone could assist with this. Is it a known bug? If so, any chance of a fix? Many thanks for your assistance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there @matthewthurgood72, I see what you mean. I’m checking in with our theme folks about this to see what they’d recommend.

• Hi, I found out this theme uses JS to determine sizes and what not, and that it runs when the page is loaded, as it has to be loaded before it does its math.

There’s likely not a great way to address that. If it bothers you, you might try switching to another theme:

https://wordpress.com/themes

Hoping that helps!

• Hi Supernovia

Thanks very much for taking the time to look into this. I’ve decided to switch to the Shoreditch theme, which offers a lot more in the way of customisation and the images load perfectly.

All the best

Matt

• The topic ‘Gazette theme featured image display issue’ is closed to new replies.