formatting all messed up

• Why is the formatting suddenly all messed up on my blog? I am new at this, and I have set up my blog the way I wanted it and already got some followers. Then I went to look at it, and the formatting is all messed up. I don’t know what caused it, and I don’t know how to fix it. Please help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Sorry about that! There are some formatting issues caused by a bug in the theme, and our developers are working on a fix for it. Please stay tuned while they work on that.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know. :)

• Hi

This should be resolved now.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with this or any other theme.

Regards
    Tammie Lister | Happiness Engineer | WordPress.com

• Would it be possible for me to get a refund on this theme? OR please tell me how to save my current version so that I can experiment with some other themes without losing what I have. Thanks! Sandra

• It also will not allow me to preview my posts before publishing them.

• Hi

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your problems with your theme.

You can try another theme at any time you want, you may lose settings and widgets from the theme you have though.

That aside, the theme does now work for the sidebar. However, lets have a look at this previewing issue as that should work for you no matter what theme.

I was unable to replicate your issues with previewing. If you could perhaps check the following document as sometimes there is a known issue with previewing and third party cookies:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/

If you continue to get issues previewing please let me know and I will investigate further for you.

We wouldn’t in this case be able to refund you for the theme, however I think we can work with you to get this theme working as you want.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else

Regards

• Hi

I just wanted to confirm what happens when you switch a theme. You don’t lose your widget settings they just moved to the Inactive Widgets area. If you would like to use them again you can drag them to the sidebar in the new theme.

You can also restore CSS if you are using custom CSS through a link in the Customizer > CSS. You could also save any Custom CSS to a text document and paste in once you set the theme back.

Hopefully this should clarify things a bit.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards

• Hi there,

I’m writing to let you know that we have resolved the issues with the On a Whim theme. Please let us know if you have any questions!

• The topic ‘formatting all messed up’ is closed to new replies.