footer widget

• i have created two menu in my website, one is main menu and other is footer menu.how do i prevent pages of main menu to appear in footer menu.plz help i am new to wordpress
    function.php
    (`if ( function_exists( ‘register_nav_menu’ ) ) {
    register_nav_menu( ‘sec-menu’, ‘footer menu’ );

register_nav_menu( ‘main-menu’, ‘Main Menu’ );

})

style.css
    (`.bottomMenu { display: block; width:960px;}
    .bottomMenu ul { list-style-type:none;display:inline-block;vertical-align: middle;margin-right: 15px; float:right;}
    .bottomMenu li { list-style-type:none; display: inline-block;vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 15px; font-size: 12px; }
    .bottomMenu li a {
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align:middle;
    margin-right: 15px;
    color:#000;
    line-height:20px;
    text-decoration:none;
    font-weight:normal;
    padding: 0 7px 0 3px;

}
    .bottomMenu li a:hover { color:#ccc; text-decoration:underline;})

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• If you are working with php then you are asking for help in the wrong forum.

These forums are for free-hosted WordPress.com and it appears that you need help with an install of WordPress.org on a site you pay for hosting somewhere online.

Here are details:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
    There are support forums and documents for wp.org here:
    http://wordpress.org/

• Not sure if I got your problem, but let me try to help.

First, go to your widget’s page.

Next, as you might have done, pull the ‘custom menu’ widgets to the desired locations.

Then, click on visibility to adjust the display of that particular menu to the pages you like (you need little experimentation to understand the feature if you didn’t use it before, but its useful and good tool).

Finally, don’t forget to click ‘save’, otherwise your changes might not get displayed.

• The topic ‘footer widget’ is closed to new replies.